The Murphysburg Historic District appears much as it did during the period of significance (1880-1965) and as a whole retains all aspects of integrity. One hundred twenty-six of the 153 (82%) primary resources are contributing to the District while three of the primary resources were previously listed in the National Register of Historic Places. These resources remain in their original locations within the neighborhood and just west of the downtown commercial center. The residential setting has streets lined with sidewalks, mature trees, and houses on widely-spaced lots, as it did when it was initially platted.
Commercial areas have developed to the south and east, but these do not compromise the integrity of the District. The District clearly communicates its associations with and feelings about the patterns of residential development and the breadth of architectural styles that shaped the community of Joplin from the late 1800s into the mid-twentieth century.
The majority of resources retain their original design, materials, and workmanship. The array of architectural styles represented by the original designs, including National Folk Forms, Queen Anne, and Revival Styles, remains intact throughout the District. The majority of the resources have their original form and materials, such as limestone foundations, wood siding, and wood windows.